This gargantuan project is my own video tutorial venture. Featuring high-quality screencasts, the site attempts to teach subscribers how to make video games, from concept to completion.
A few screenshots
Please click to see large versions in a lightbox
The site’s design is edgy enough that would-be game developers can identify with it, yet clean enough to not distract visitors from key calls to action. The landing page is especially clean, and has proven fairly successful, with a 60% conversion rate for visitors hitting the page. (Conversions are free or paid subscription signups.)
Under the hood, GoodLearning.com is quite complex. Some highlights of features I had to perfect:
- Subscription membership system for free and paid users which still lets Google index search-friendly content from member-only pages.
- A/B testing for various calls to action leading to signup landing page.
- Page caching for both anonymous and logged-in users.
- Secure video streaming and member-only downloads from Amazon S3 / Cloudfront.
- Transparent, automatic content delivery network (CDN) implementation with MaxCDN.
GoodLearning.com site: http://goodlearning.com